To show someone to a table means to take them to a table. 把某人帶到桌邊意味著把他們帶到座位。
When I go into a restaurant, sometimes they look at me and they show me the door, 當我走進一家餐館,有時他們看著我,給我開門,
meaning they take me to the door and say, "Goodbye, we don't want you in our restaurant." 這意味著他們帶我到門口說,“再見,我們不想你在我們的餐廳用餐。”
Happens to me all the time, I'm not sure why. 這種事總是發(fā)生在我身上,我不知道為什么。
"The waiter arrives" at their table "a few minutes later" and Lucy and her boss "order entrees," not "appetizers." “幾分鐘后”,“服務員來到”他們的餐桌,露西和她的上司“點了主菜”,而不是“開胃菜”。
An entree, "entree," is the main part of your meal, what we would call the main course, "course." 一道主菜,“主菜”是你用餐的主要部分,我們稱為主要的一道菜,“一道(菜)”。
Your meal has different parts. 你的一餐包含很多部分。
There's the main course, which is the entree, that's the biggest part of the meal where you would get, 這是主菜,就是“主菜”,這是你會吃的,最重要的一部分,
for example, chicken or steak or the largest part of the food you are eating. 例如,雞肉或牛排或你吃的食物中最大的部分。
An appetizer, "appetizer," is something you eat at the beginning of the meal, 一道開胃菜,“開胃菜”是你一開始吃的東西。
usually it's a smaller portion of food. 通常是食物的一小部分。
Perhaps you would have some vegetables, or in many restaurants, 也許你會吃一些蔬菜,或者在許多餐館,
they have appetizers that are fried food - food that you put in oil to make them brown. 他們的開胃菜是油炸食品,就是放進油里,使它們變成棕色的食物。
These are appetizers; 這些是開胃菜;
they are things that you eat before your entree - your main meal. 它們是你在吃主菜——你的主餐前吃的東西。