Batter, "batter," when we talk about cooking is a liquid, made usually with eggs, and flour, and perhaps milk, 糊狀物(batter),當我們談論烹調的東西是液體的時候,通常是用雞蛋、面粉或牛奶調成,
and you combine these things together and you get a thick liquid, which we call batter, 你把這些東西混合在一起,就能得到濃稠的液體,那就叫做糊狀物。
and you take the batter and you put it into a special cooking machine, which we call a waffle iron, "iron." 你拿著這個糊狀物,把它放進專門的烹飪器里,也就是我們所說的松餅機(iron)。
And, a waffle iron has a certain shape, usually it's square, 而且,松餅機有一定的形狀,一般是方形的,
and when you put the batter in, you close the top of it and you cook it from both sides. 你把糊狀物放進去的時候,然后蓋上它,它的兩邊同時受熱。
And, when you take it out, it has little squares in it, and this is called a waffle. 最后,你拿出松餅機的時候,它里面有小方塊,那就叫做華夫餅。
It's a kind of almost like a bread. 它很像面包。
And, after you make the waffle, you usually put some special type of liquid sugar, which we call syrup, "syrup." 你做完華夫餅后,一般會在上面放上一些專門的液態(tài)糖,我們把它叫做糖漿(syrup).
Often, this comes from trees; the best syrup comes from maple leaf trees. 糖漿往往產自樹木;最好的糖漿產自楓葉樹。
It's called maple syrup; it's very good. 它叫做楓樹糖漿;質量特佳。