第九十一課 亨利王子和福爾斯塔夫
PRINCE HENRY and POINS, in a back room, in a tavern. Enter FALSTAFF, GADSHILL, BARDOLPH, and PETO.
亨利王子和伯因斯在小酒館的里屋。福爾斯塔夫、加茲希爾、巴爾多夫和裴托上場。
Poins says: "Welcome, Jack. Where hast thou been?" Falstaff says:
伯因斯說:“歡迎你,杰克,你從哪兒來啊?”福爾斯塔夫說:
"A plague of all cowards, I say, and a vengeance too! marry, and amen! Give me a cup of sack, boy."
“愿所有孬種都遭瘟疫,我說,要讓他們遭天譴!哎呀,阿門!替我倒一杯酒來,堂倌。”
Ere I lead this life long, I'll sew nether stocks, and mend them, and foot them, too.
日子沒有改變之前,縫襪子,補襪子和上襪底這些勞什都得自己來。
A plague of all cowards! Give me a cup of sack, rogue.
愿所有孬種都遭瘟疫!替我倒一杯酒來,混蛋!
Is there no virtue extant? ( He drinks, and then continues.)
難道這世上就沒有勇士了嗎?(他飲酒,然后繼續(xù)。)
You rogue, here's lime in this sack, too; there is nothing but roguery to be found in villainous man:
你這混蛋,酒里也攙著石灰水呢;惡棍只能干壞事;
yet a coward is worse than a cup of sack with lime in it. A villainous coward!
然而,一個孬種卻比一杯攙石灰水的酒更壞。一個卑鄙無恥的懦夫!
Go thy ways, old Jack; die when thou wilt:
走你自己的路吧,老杰克;愿意什么時候死,就什么時候去死吧;
if manhood, good manhood, be not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a shotten herring.
在這世界上,要是還有人記得什么是大丈夫氣概,堂堂大丈夫氣概的話,我就是一條排了卵的鯡魚。