未選擇的路——羅伯特·佛洛斯特
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
黃色的樹林里分出兩條路,
diverge v.分開,叉開
[da?'v?:d?]
And sorry I could not travel both
可惜我不能同時去涉足,
And be one traveler, long I stood
我在那路口久久佇立,
And looked down one as far as I could
我向著一條路極目望去,
To where it bent in the undergrowth;
直到它消失在叢林深處。
bent v.彎曲
[bent]
Then took the other, as just as fair,
但我卻選了另外一條路,
And having perhaps the better claim,
它黃草萋萋,十分幽寂,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
顯得更誘人、更美麗;
grassy a.長滿草的,草綠色的
Though as for that the passing there
雖然在這條小路上,
Had worn them really about the same,
很少留下旅人的足跡。
And both that morning equally lay
那天清晨落地滿地,
In leaves no step had trodden black.
兩條路都未經(jīng)腳印污染。
tread-trod-trodden v.踩成,踏出
[tred]-[tr?d]-['tr?dn]
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
啊,留下一條路等改日再見!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
但我知道路徑延綿無盡頭,
I doubted if I should ever come back.
恐怕我難以再回返。
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
也許多少年后在某個地方,
我將輕聲嘆息將往事回顧:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I
一片樹林里分出兩條路
I took the one less traveled by,
而我選擇了人跡更少的一條,
And that has made all the difference.
從此決定了我一生的道路。