致橡樹
Shu Ting
舒婷
If I fall in love with you
我如果愛你
I will never resemble clambering trumpet creeper,
絕不像攀緣的凌霄花,
To flaunt myself by your high branches.
借你的高枝炫耀自己;
If I fall in love with you-
我如果愛你
I will never imitate spoony birds,
絕不學癡情的鳥兒,
To repeat simple songs for green shade.
為綠蔭重復單調(diào)的歌曲;
I will not only resemble a wellspring,
也不止像泉源,
To bring you cool consolation perennially:
常年送來清涼的慰藉:
I will not only resemble steepy mountains,
也不止像險峰,
To increase your altitude or set off your dignified manner.
增加你的高度,襯托你的威儀。
Even not only sunlight,
甚至日光。
Even not only spring rain,
甚至春雨。
No, these are not enough!
不,這些都還不夠!
I must be a kapok beside you,
我必須是你近旁的一株木棉,
As an image of tree I stand with you.
作為樹的形象和你站在一起。
Our roots hold tightly in the earth,
根,緊握在地下,
Our leaves touch gently In the clouds,
葉,相觸在云里。
As each breeze passes, we salute each other,
每一陣風過,我們都互相致意,
But no one can understand our own words.
但沒有人聽懂我們的言語。
You have your iron trunk and copper branch
你有你的銅枝鐵干,
Like a knife, a sword and a halberd as well;
像刀,像劍,也像戟;
I have my red and big flowers,
我有我的紅碩花朵,
Like a heavy sigh and a heroic torch as well.
像沉重的嘆息,又像英勇的火炬。
Together we partake cold waves, storms and firebolts;
我們分擔寒潮、風雷、霹靂;
Together we share fogs, flowing hazes and rainbows,
我們共享霧靄、流嵐、虹霓,
We seem always apart, but interdependent all life long.
仿佛永遠分離,卻又終身相依。
Only this is great love,
這才是偉大的愛情,
Faithfulness lies here:
堅貞就在這里:
I love not only your gigantic stature,
不僅愛你偉岸的身軀,
But also the position you uphold,
也愛你堅持的位置,
And the earth on which you stand.
腳下的土地。