9、 You Did a Good Job.
你干得很好。
A: Tom, I’ve got good news for you.
湯姆,我給你帶來了好消息。
B: What is it? 什么好消息?
A: Haven’t you heard that your novel has won The Nobel Prize?
你難道沒有聽說你的小說獲諾貝爾獎了?
B: Really? I can’t believe it. It’s like a dream come true. I never expected that I would win The Nobel Prize!
真的?簡直不敢相信。這就像做夢一樣。我從沒想到會獲得諾貝爾獎!
A: You did a good job. I’m extremely proud of you.
你干得不錯。我真為你感到自豪。
B: Thanks for the compliment.
多謝夸獎。
A: You certainly deserve it. Let’s celebrate!
你該拿這個獎。我們好好慶祝一下吧!
A: I heard you were promoted to general manager of IBM’s China Headquarters.
我聽說你被提升為IBM公司中國總部的總經理了。
B: That’s true. I got the news yesterday.
沒錯。我是昨天才知道的。
A: You did a good job for the company. So, this is your first day in the new position. How do you feel?
你為公司作出了貢獻。那么,今天是你在新職位上的第一天,感覺怎么樣?
B: Not bad. I’m confident. And I like challenges.
不錯。我有信心。而且,我喜歡挑戰(zhàn)。
A: I believe you are cut out for this position.
我相信你能夠勝任這份工作。
B: Thank you.
謝謝你。