2. You Worry Too Much
你想的太多了
A: Hi, Jim.
你好,吉姆。
B: What’s wrong? You look upset about something.
怎么回事?你看上去有點不安。
A: You know … I’m getting a little worried about our English teacher. She should have shown up for class by now. It’s not like her to be late.
你知道,我有點擔心我們的英語老師。她現在該到了。遲到可不是她的作風。
B: I wouldn’t be concerned. She must have gotten stuck in traffic. Traffic has been terrible lately.
我不擔心。她肯定是遇上塞車了,最近交通不太順暢。
A: I don’t know. She might have … but then again, I’m not so sure. I’m afraid something must have happened. I just have a bad feeling that she’s in trouble.
我也說不清楚。她可能……我也不知道。我擔心發(fā)生了什么事。我有一種預感,她遇到麻煩了。
B: Oh, come on now. Don’t jump to conclusions. I’m positive she’ll show up for class soon. You worry too much.
噢,別瞎想了。不要妄下結論。她很快就會來上課的。你想的太多了。
A: I can’t help it. It’s just my nature.
我就是忍不住,這是我的天性。
B: Look, there’s Dr. Lee now. See, I told you not to worry.
看,那不是李教授嗎。我告訴過你不要擔心嘛。
A: I’m so relieved! I guess you’re right. I need to relax and not worry so much.
這我就放心了。我想你是對的。我應該放松點,不要那么緊張兮兮。
口語要素
★ What’s wrong?怎么回事?
★ It’s not like her to be late. 遲到可不是她的一貫做法。
★ She must have gotten stuck in traffic. 她肯定是遇上塞車了。
★ Don’t jump to conclusions. 不要妄下結論。
★ You worry too much. 你想的太多了。
★ I can’t help it. 我就是忍不住。
★ It’s just my nature. 這是我的天性。
★ I’m so relieved! 這我就放心了。
★ I guess you’re right. 我想你是對的。