Lesson 117 Father used to be a Boy Scout
第117課 父親以前是個童子軍
Narrator:The Clarks went camping last week-end.
旁白:上周克拉克一家外出宿營.
They put up their tent in a field
他們在田野里搭起了營帳.
Father:If you collect some sticks,children,
父親:孩子,假如你們揀些樹枝,
I shall light a fire.
我就來生堆火.
Sandy:Here you are,dad.
桑迪:給,爸爸.
Sue:We've brought lots of dry sticks.
蘇:我們揀了好多干樹枝.
Mother:Here's a box of matches,Jim.
母親:吉姆,這是火柴.
Father:I don't want any matches!
父親:我不需要火柴.
I used to be a Boy Scout.
我當過童子軍.
If rub these two sticks together,I can light a fire.
我把這兩根樹枝相互摩擦就能生火.
Sue:What's the matter,dad?
蘇:怎么啦,爸爸?
Father:I've been rubbing these two sticks together for a long time
父親:我已經(jīng)磨了好久,
but nothing's happened yet!
但是不起作用.
Mother:I'll light it,Jim.
母親:吉姆,我來點吧.
It's easy to light a fire with two sticks
用兩根樹枝點火很容易,
if one of the sticks is a match!
假如兩根樹枝中有一根是火柴!