https://online2.tingclass.net/lesson/shi0529/0007/7579/你一般打掃一遍公寓要用多長時間.mp3
https://image.tingclass.net/statics/js/2012
今天的這段對話,在討論打掃工作,
你一般打掃一遍公寓要用多長時間?老師的周末一般會做什么
來聽今天的講解:
A: So, Akane, what did you do today?
茜,你今天做什么了?
B: Ah, today I cleaned my apartment.
我今天打掃了公寓。
A: Sounds fun!
聽起來很有樂趣!
B: It was actually. I really like cleaning cause I only get one day a week to do it, and my apartment gets clean.
是很有趣。我很喜歡打掃,我每周只有一天能做打掃工作,打掃后我的公寓變得很干凈。
A: So when you clean your apartment how long does it take you to clean everything?
那你一般打掃一遍公寓要用多長時間呢?
B: Well, let's see, I started around 7:30 in the morning and then I probably finished around 10:30.
嗯,我想想,我是早上7點半開始打掃的,大概是10點半完成的。
A: 3 hours!
3個小時!
B: Yeah!
對!
A: That's a long time.
時間好長。
B: Well, I do a lot of cleaning.
我做了很多清潔工作。
A: Man!
天哪!
B: And that includes laundry, actually.
實際上還包括洗衣服。
A: So for your laundry, do you use the laundromat down the street?
你洗衣服會用街上的自助洗衣店嗎?
B: No, I use my own laundry machine, and I hang it up to dry.
不會,我用自己的洗衣機洗,我會把衣服掛起來晾干。
A: Wow! But when you do that you can't get that nice soft feel from the clothes.
哇!可是那樣衣服沒有柔軟感。
B: Well, no but I save money!
嗯,可是這樣省錢!
A: That's true! I feel bad about using the laundromat cause I guess it wastes energy, but I just love how the dryers make your clothes really soft and warm and there's no wrinkles and it's done.
那倒是。我不喜歡用自助洗衣店,因為我認為那很浪費能源,可是我喜歡烘干機使衣服變得又軟又溫暖,而且洗完以后也沒有褶皺。
B: I agree. Mm, for sure. I wish I had a dryer.
我同意。的確是這樣。我希望我也有個烘干機。
A: So do you iron your clothes for work?
那你會熨上班穿的衣服嗎?
B: I do, yeah, I always iron my clothes. I do my washing on Saturdays and I do my ironing on Sundays.
我會,我一直都有熨衣服。我在周六洗衣服,周日熨衣服。
A: Oh, man, you're regimented.
哦,天哪,你真有組織性。
B: Yeah, I am.
是啊,我是。
A: You got it down. You know I never iron my shirts.
跟你比我差遠了,你知道我從來不熨我的襯衫。
B: You never iron!
你從來不熨衣服!
A: No, I just take them out of the dryer, and that's close enough, and then usually when I put them on, they kind of stretch.
對,我只是把衣服從烘干機里拿出來,基本就是這樣,我穿上的時候它們會伸展一些。
B: Well, I guess so and if you're wearing a jacket over it, then you can't really see.
我想也是,如果你外面再穿一件夾克,那完全看不出來。
A: Yeah, plus I'm a teacher and teachers don't have to look sharp.
對,而且我是一名老師,老師是不用看上去很帥氣。
B: I guess so. Yeah!
我想也是。
A: Hey, so, what are your plans for tomorrow?
那你明天有什么計劃?
B: Tomorrow? Well, my ironing of course, and I'm a teacher and I have markings so, I'll do some markings, cause I have to mark some essays.
明天?當然我要熨衣服,我是老師,所以我有卷子要批改,所以明天我會批改試卷還有作文。
A: Oh, that sounds awful!
哦,聽起來真糟糕!
B: Yeah, but it has to be done.
是啊,可是我必須完成這些工作。
A: Yeah, but on the weekend! I try not to bring work home. I just don't like to do it. On the weekend, I feel you should energize yourself and just rest and relax.
可是明天是周末??!我努力不把工作帶回家里,我就是不喜歡這樣。我覺得周末你應(yīng)該讓自己充滿能量,盡量休息、放松。
B: I agree, but this week I couldn't help it cause we were so busy.
我同意,可是這周我辦不到了,因為我太忙了。
A: So, why were you busy this week?
那你周都忙什么了?
B: Well, we had so much work to do, and I gave them out an essay, and I got those essays back, so I have to mark those.
我有很多工作要做,我讓學生們寫了篇作文,他們把作文交上來后我要進行批改。
A: Hey, have you been giving your students tests?
你有給學生們安排過考試嗎?
B: Uh, just little quizzes once in a while.
只是偶爾安排一些小測驗。
A: Yeah, I have to give my students a test but I don't know what to test them on.
嗯,我必須要給學生們安排考試,可是我不知道如何測試。
B: Yeah, that is always a hard part.
嗯,那一直是個難點。
A: Do you give easy tests or hard tests?
你是進行簡單的考試還是難的考試?
B: Well, the quizzes are quite easy, but I think they find it to be quite hard.
小測驗很簡單,可是我想他們認為那很難。
A: Yeah, students always say, "It's difficult!"
是啊,學生們總是說“太難了!”
B: Yeah!
沒錯!
A: "It's difficult!" Well, enjoy your marking tomorrow!
“太難了!”希望你明天批改試卷時過得愉快!
B: Thanks.
謝謝你。