https://online2.tingclass.net/lesson/shi0529/0007/7579/紐卡斯爾離倫敦有多遠.mp3
https://image.tingclass.net/statics/js/2012
今天的這段對話,在討論紐卡斯爾,
紐卡斯爾離倫敦有多遠?你更喜歡倫敦還是紐卡斯爾
來聽今天的講解:
A: OK, hello!
你好!
B: Hello!
你好!
A: Hi, what's your name?
嗨,你叫什么名字?
B: My name is Sarah.
我的名字是薩拉。
A: OK, and Sarah where are you from?
好的,薩拉,你來自哪里?
B: I'm from the north of England, Newcastle.
我來自英格蘭北部的紐卡斯爾。
A: OK, so Newcastle, how far is that from London?
好,那紐卡斯爾離倫敦有多遠?
B: Um, it's about 300 miles.
嗯,大約300英里。
A: Uh-huh, do you go to London a lot or have you been to London before?
啊,你經常去倫敦嗎,或者說你以前去過倫敦嗎?
B: I live in London. I've lived in London for the past seven years.
我住在倫敦。我過去七年一直住在倫敦。
A: Oh, really?
哦,這樣???
B: Almost seven years, yeah.
差不多七年的時間了,對。
A: OK. Which do you prefer, London or Newcastle?
好的。那你更喜歡哪里,倫敦還是紐卡斯爾?
B: Um, like them both. I prefer Newcastle because it's smaller, so it's easier to get around and it's also cheaper. London is very expensive.
嗯,兩個地方我都喜歡。我喜歡紐卡斯爾是因為那里很小,所以很容易四處游玩,而且物價也相對便宜。倫敦物價非常貴。
A: So all your family is in Newcastle?
那你家人還在紐卡斯爾嗎?
B: Um, pretty much yeah.
嗯,差不多是這樣。
A: So are they always trying to get you to go back and move back to Newcastle?
那他們會勸你搬回紐卡斯爾住嗎?
B: Ah, no, no, because most of the jobs are in the south, anyway for younger people so it's quite difficult to get a job in the north in teaching.
嗯,不會,不會,因為大部分適合年輕人的工作機會都在南方,在北方找到一份與教育相關的工作非常難。
A: OK. Um, what do you like about London?
好的。嗯,你喜歡倫敦的什么地方?
B: Ah, it's a very busy place, there's lots of things going on all the time. There's also lots of things I don't like about London, but all my friends live there lots of job opportunities.
嗯,倫敦是一個非常忙碌的城市,有許多事情同時在進行。當然倫敦也有許多我不喜歡的地方,但是我所有的朋友都在那邊,而且那里工作機會也多。
A: OK, what were you doing before you came to Japan in London?
好,你來日本之前,在倫敦是做什么工作的?
B: Ah, I was in Austria for a year. I was teaching in Austria, and then I was in London teaching, in London for a few years.
哦,我在奧地利待了一年。我在奧地利教課,之后我回倫敦繼續(xù)教課,在倫敦工作了幾年的時間。
A: What were you teaching in London?
你在倫敦教什么?
B: I was teaching primary school. I was a primary school teacher.
我在小學教課。我是一名小學老師。
A: Kids!
孩子!
B: Yeah.
對。
A: So what's it like teaching kids?
教孩子的感覺怎么樣?
B: Um, tiring. Very tiring. I prefer teaching adults. That's my preference. I've mainly taught adults in TEFL, but in the state system in England it's only been children. It's fun. It's just very tiring.
嗯,累,非常累。我喜歡教成年人。我更偏好教成年人。我主要是用英語教授成年人,不過在英格蘭的體系中,那只適用于兒童。不過這很有意思。只是會很累。