今天的這段對話,在討論城市,
曼徹斯特是什么樣子的?你最喜歡的城市是什么
來聽今天的講解:
A: Let's go. Take two!
讓我們開始吧。再來一次!
B: OK. Hello!
好的,你好!
A: Hi!
你好!
B: Hi! What's your name?
你叫什么名字?
A: Kerys.
我叫Kerys。
B: Kerys, what's your last name?
Kerys,你姓什么?
A: Williams.
我姓威廉姆斯。
B: Williams. OK. And how do you spell Kerys?
威廉姆斯。怎么拼寫Kerys?
A: K-E-R-Y-S.
K-E-R-Y-S。
B: Oh, OK! Oh..that's quite unique. And where are you from?
哦,這樣的名字真的很少見。你來自哪里?
A: I'm from Manchester in the North of England.
我來自英格蘭北部的曼徹斯特。
B: OK. What is Manchester like?
好的,曼徹斯特是什么樣子的?
A: It's quite boring, quite gray, quite rainy, not a lot of things for, to do, not a lot of things to do.
曼徹斯特是個有些無聊,有些灰暗,降水很多的城市,在那里通常沒什么事情可做。
B: OK. And how long have you lived in Manchester?
你在曼徹斯特住了多久?
A: I don't live there.
我不住那里。
B: Oh, OK. So not anymore, OK. I'm sorry!
不住那里了,真遺憾!
A: No. Not anymore.
是的,不住那里了。
B: OK. Um..what other places have you lived?
那你住過什么地方?
A: I've lived in Thailand, I've lived in Spain, and France, and I now live in Japan.
我在泰國居住過,還有西班牙,法國,現(xiàn)在我住在日本。
B: OK. What's your favorite country so far?
目前為止,你最喜歡的城市是?
A: I love Thailand.
我喜歡泰國。
B: Yeah, Thailand's great.
是的,泰國很棒。
A: Yep!
是的!
B: What did you like about Thailand?
你喜歡泰國的什么?
A: I love the fact that people smile all the time.
我喜歡的是那里的人總是微笑。
B: That's true. The land of smiles.
是真的。那是一片充滿笑容的土地。
A: Yep.
是的。
B: Alright. Thanks Kerys.
好的,謝謝你Kerys。
A: No worries.
不客氣。