https://online2.tingclass.net/lesson/shi0529/0007/7579/你的房子找的怎么樣了聊一聊關于租房的事情.mp3
https://image.tingclass.net/statics/js/2012
今天的這段對話,在討論租房,
你的房子找的怎么樣了?聊一聊關于租房的事情
來聽今天的講解:
A: how is your house hunting going?
你的房子找的怎么樣了?
B: not very well. I haven’t found anything within my price range yet.
不怎么樣。還沒找到價格能在我承受范圍內的。
A: how much are you looking to spend?
你想找多少錢的?
B: I can only afford about 300 pounds a month.
我只能承受月租300英鎊以內的。
A: looks like you’re not going to get more than a bedroom in a shared flat with that.
那我看你也頂多就是和別人合租一套公寓,自己住其中一間。
B: really? That’s a lot of money to pay for one room.
真的嗎?一居室也要很多錢。
A: well, if you want to live in London, you have to pay the price!
對啊,如果你想住在倫敦,就得付這么多錢。
B: do you know of anyone who needs a roommate?
你知道還有誰在找合租伙伴嗎?
A: I can ask around at work. Do you have a preference for smakers or non-smokers?
我可以問問周圍的同事們、你會優(yōu)先考慮吸煙的還是不吸煙的?
B: I’d prefer non-smoking roommates, but I guess I’ll have to take what I can get!
我希望合租者不吸煙。不過,我想我總得為得到的付出點代價。
A: how long do you want to sign a contract for?
你的租房合同打算簽多久?
B: I can sign a contract up to a year. I don’t know where I’ll be after that.
頂多一年。我不知道一年之后自己會去哪里。
A: do you need a furnished or unfurnished apartment?
你需要房子配了家具還是沒配家具的。
B: I don’t have any furniture, so it’d be great if it were furnished.
我什么家具都沒有,所以如果家具能一應俱全那就太好了。
A: you know that you’ll have to pay utilities on top of the rent, right?
你知道水電費會在房租以外另算,是吧。
B: no, I thought that would be included in the rent.
不知道,我以為都包含在房租里。
A: it’s not usually included, so you’ll have to factor in about 100 pounds more each month for utilities.
一般都不包含。所以你得考慮到這個因素,每月要水,電,煤氣等費用多付100英鎊。
B: I don't think I can afford that.
我覺得我會租不起。
A: don’t worry. Sometimes people will give you a discount if you promise to do the clearing or take care of the children.
別擔心。有時候如果你愿意打掃房間或者照看小孩,房東會給你打折的。
B: that’s agood idea. I’ll look into finding something like that.
這真是個好主意。我就按照這個條件去找找看。