今天的這段對話,在討論買郵票,
需要郵寄圣誕卡到國外,如何在郵局購買郵票
來聽今天的講解:
A: excuse me, could you tell me which line I’m supposed to stand in to buy bubble wrap and to post a package?
打擾一下,請問我要排哪條隊伍可以買到氣泡襯墊包裝紙,然后寄包裹?
B: you can buy the bubble wrap here, but you’ll have to stand in line over here to post your paskage.
你可以在這兒買氣泡襯墊包裝紙,但是要寄包裹的話得去那邊排隊。
A: that’s a really long line. How long do you think it’ll take to get through all those people?
那條隊可真長啊。你覺得我得需要多長時間?
B: it takes about 3 minutes per person, so it’ll probably be about an hour’s wait.
每個人大概需要三分鐘左右,所以您得等一個小時。
A: can I buy stamps here?
郵票是在這兒買嗎?
B: sure. How many would you like?
沒錯。要買多少?
A: I need 30 for my Chrismas cards.
我要寄圣誕卡,大概需要三十張。
B: are you sending them abroad?
都是寄到國外去的嗎?
A: twenty of them are going abroad to China to America.
其中有20張是寄到中國和美國的。
B: do you have any going anywhere in the EU? If you do, those are less expensive.
有沒有寄到歐洲去的?如果沒有寄到那邊的,郵費沒那么貴。
A: no.
沒有。
B: ok, here you go. That will be 18 pounds and seventy two pence.
好的,給你。一共是18英鎊72便士。
A: and the bubble wrap?
氣泡襯墊包裝紙是多少錢?
B: that’s another quid.
還要額外再加1英鎊。
A: thanks a lot. You’ve been very helpful.
非常感謝。你幫了不少忙。