今天的這段對話,在討論個人情況,
如何與第一次見的人打破堅冰
來聽今天的講解:
A: excuse me; is this seat taken?
對不起,這個座位有人嗎?
B: no. It's all yours.
沒有,是你的了.
A: thank you very much. My name is Ashlyn. It's nice to meet you.
非常感謝.我叫艾什琳.很高興認識你.
B: Carson. It's nice to mee you, too.
卡爾森.我也很高興認識你.
A: the weather is so warm for December, don't you think?
這天對于12月份來說是有點兒暖和了,對吧?
B: it is unusually warm. I balme it on global warming.
暖和的都不正常了.我覺得這應該歸咎于地球變暖.
A: global warming is wreaking havoc everywhere.
地球變暖引發(fā)了全球的大災難.
B: so sure. Are you from around here?
沒錯,你是本地人嗎?
A: no. I'm new here. I just moved here a few months ago.
不是,我是新來的.幾個月前才搬來的.
B: where are you from?
那你是哪兒的人啊?
A: I'm from China. What about you?
我是中國人.你呢?
B: I am from Texas. I was in China once, but it was a long time ago.
我來自德克薩斯州.我以前去過一次中國,不過那是很久以前的事了.
A: did you enjoy it?
你喜歡那里嗎?
B: I did. I especially liked the food. What do you think about the food here?
很喜歡.尤其是喜歡那里的吃的.你覺得這兒的吃的怎么樣?
A: it's very different from Chinese food, but I am getting used to it.
跟中餐不大一樣,不過我正在慢慢適應.
B: Is that the Da Vinci Code that you've got there?
你拿的是《達·芬奇密碼》吧.
A: yes, have you read it?
對.你看過嗎?
B: no, but I saw the movie. What do you think about it?
沒有,不過我看過電影.你覺得寫的怎么樣?
A: well,to be honest, I've only gotten though 10 pages of it. So far, though, it's interesting.
老實說,我才剛看完10頁,不過目前為止,還挺有意思的.
B: well, this is my stop. it was nice talking with you.
恩.我到站了.跟你聊天很開心.
A: likewise. Bye!
我也是,再見.