今天的這段對話,在談論擁擠的交通,
地鐵一號線總是很擁擠,為什么不乘公交車或買車
來聽今天的講解:
A: It's too crowded in here!
這里面太擠了!
B: same story every day.
每天都這樣.
A: oh really? Oh good, it's stopping to let some fresh air in, it's too stuffy here.
是嗎?太好了,車停了,能吸點新鮮空氣了,這兒太不透氣了.
B: subway line one is always very crowded, especially during rush hour.
地鐵一號線總是很擁擠,尤其是在高峰時段.
A: oh, no. there are more people getting on!
哎,又上來很多人!
B: we should leave earlier next time.
下次早點出發(fā)吧.
A: I don't think I can stand it any more. I can hardly breathe.
我受不了了,都快窒息了.
B: come on, Rita, only two more stops before the interchange. It will empty out them.
麗塔,堅持下,還有2站就到換乘站了,那時上車就會空點了.
A: thank God. I don't get how you handle this. There's so little personal space. Why don't you take the bus? It's cheaper.
太好了,我真不知道你是怎么忍受的,人貼著人,沒一點個人空間.為什么不坐公交車呢?不是比這便宜嗎?
B: yes, it is. But it's not very convenient. I would have to change buses three times and it's not as reliable.
確實便宜,但是不太方便,坐公交車我要換三次車,而且不好控制時間.
A: at least on the bus you can see out of the windows. Down here there is nothing but advertisements.
坐公交的話,至少能看看窗外的風景,在這兒全都是廣告.
B: it's just as overcrowded and smelly as the subway as well as bring slower.
公交車上一樣很擠,味道也不好,還比地鐵慢.
A: I guess you're right. I think I'll consider buying a car. What do you say?
倒也是,所以我正考慮買車呢.你呢?
B: honestly, for there are already far too many cars in Beijing, I don't want to contribute to the mess.
老實說,北京的小車太多了,我可不想再添麻煩了.
A: I suppose you are right. I guess I'll just have to get used to the subway.
說的也是,我想我還是努力適應坐地鐵吧.