最近遇到了什么煩心事?你覺得怎樣才會開心一點
來聽今天的講解:
A: How's it going?
最近過得怎么樣?
B: I'm in a really good mood, actually. How about you?
我心情好極了,你呢?
A: To be honest, I'm a bit fed up.
老實說,我有點兒心煩。
B: What's wrong?
怎么了?
A: Well, my boyfriend was supposed to call me last night, but he never did.
恩,我男朋友昨天晚上應該給我打電話的,可是他一直都沒有打。
B: That's too bad. I'm sure there's a logical explanation for it. Don't be too upset about it.
那可太糟糕了,我想一定會有個合理的解釋,別為這個太難過。
A: The thing is, this isn't the first time he's promised to do something and then didn't.
問題是,他答應給我打了卻沒有打,這已經不是頭一次了。
B: I see how that can get a bit annoying.
我明白,這的確會讓人有點生氣。
A: A bit? I'm extremely annoyed that he didn't phone me when he promised me that he would! He's such a liar.
有點兒?我為這事生氣極了,他是個大騙子。
B: So what are you going to do about it?
那你打算怎么辦?
A: I don't know. I've got mixed feelings about it. On the one hand, I really want to end it with him, but on the other hand, I don't want to be without him.
我不知道,我現在心情很復雜,一方面我真想跟他分手,但是另一方面我又不想離開他。
B: What do you think would make you happier?
那你覺得怎樣你才會開心一點?
A: In the long run, I think breaking up with him would make me much happier, but I know that I'll be depressed about it for a few weeks first.
從長遠考慮,我覺得跟他分手我可能會更開心,但是我知道剛分手的前幾個星期我都會為這事而情緒低落。
B: Relationships can be confusing sometimes.
感情的事情有時候真讓人困惑。
A: What would you do if you were me?
如果你是我,你會怎么辦?
B: I'd call him and dump him now! You deserve better than him!
我會現在就給他打電話把他甩了,你一定能夠找個比他更好的。