LESSON 5--2 ON A PLANE
Rumei: Dashan, that's a nice sweater. I like the colour.
如梅:大山,你的毛衣很好看。我喜歡它的顏色。
Dashan: Thanks. It was a birthday present from my sister Monica.
大山:謝謝。這是我的姐姐莫尼卡送給我的生日禮物。
Rumei: Oh, really. When was your birthday?
如梅:是嗎?你的生日是哪天?
Dashan: It was yesterday. It was on December 23rd.
大山:是昨天,12月23號。
Rumei: Happy birthday!
如梅:祝你生日快樂!
Yunbo: Yes, happy birthday, Dashan!
云波:是啊,大山,祝你生日快樂!
Dashan: Okay, okay. Thanks a lot.
大山:好啦,好啦。多謝啦。
Rumei: Dashan, let's celebrate your birthday in Winnipeg. Okay?
如梅:大山,讓我們在溫尼伯給你慶賀生日,你看怎么樣?
Dashan: I'd really like that, Rumei.
大山:如梅,我非常愿意。
Yunbo: Rumei, what does the word"celebrate"mean?
云波:如梅,“celebrate”是什么意思?
Rumei: It means: we have to do something special for Dashan's birthday.
如梅:意思是:我們得為大山的生日做出點特殊的表示。
Dashan: It means “celebrate”.
大山:就是“慶賀”的意思。
Rumei: Dashan, please speak English only.
如梅:大山,請你只講英語。
Dashan: Sorry, everybody. So, did you enjoy our visit to Saskatchewan?
大山:對不起。說說看,我們的薩斯喀徹溫省之行你們過得好嗎?
Rumei: Yes, I did. I enjoyed it very much. Saskatchewan was very interesting.
如梅:我過得很好,我過得很開心。薩斯喀徹溫省的確是一個有吸引力的地方。
Yunbo: The people were friendly, but the weather was very cold. It snowed twice.
云波:那里的人很友善,不過天氣夠冷的。下了兩次雪。
Dashan: Was your room comfortable?
大山:你們的房間舒適嗎?
Rumei: Yes, it was. Our room was very big and warm.
如梅:很舒適。房間里面很寬敞、很暖和。
Dashan: The front desk clerk was helpful, wasn't he?
大山:旅館前臺的服務員對我們幫助很大,是不是?
Yunbo: Yes, he helped us a lot. He recommended Vic's Steak House.
云波:對,他幫了我們不少忙。就是他給我們推薦的威克牛排酒家。
Dashan: That's right. What did you think of the food at Vic's?
大山:是這樣。你們覺得威克酒家的菜怎么樣?
Rumei: It tasted great.
如梅:味道好極了。
Yunbo: Dashan, did you use the swimming pool in the hotel?
云波:大山,你到旅館的游泳池里去游泳了嗎?
Dashan: No, I didn't. I watched TV in my room instead.
大山:沒有,我呆在房間里看電視了。
Announcement: This is your Captain again. We are now beginning our descent. It's a lovely day in Winnipeg. The sky is clear and the air is crisp. The temperature is -20 degrees.
機上廣播:我是本次航班的機長,飛機馬上就要降落了。溫尼伯市今天天氣很好。天空晴朗、空氣清新涼爽。地面溫度是零下20攝氏度。
Attendant: Sir, you have to bring your seat forward for the landing.
空姐:飛機要降落,您得把座位靠背調直起來。
Dashan: Sure.
大山:好的。
Rumei: Well, that was a short flight.
如梅:啊,這次飛行時間倒不長。
Dashan: Yes, but an eventful one, wasn't it, Yunbo?
大山:是啊,但也算不上平平淡淡,你說是不是,云波?