Time to Close Shop
是商店關門的時候了
David : Do department stores like this usually close at 9 : 30 ? 這樣的百貨商店通常是 9 : 30 關門嗎?
You :是的。 Yup.
David : But the workers have to stay afterwards? 但是員工還得再呆一會兒吧?
You :Yes, they have to wait for all the customers to leave the building. 是的,他們必須等所有顧客離開后才能離開。
David : Do you mean to leave the store? 你是說離開百貨商店嗎?
You :對,離開商店。 Yes, to leave the store.
David : And then when the bell rings, all the workers go running. It is interesting. They stand still waiting
for the customers, and then all of a sudden, there is a mad dash. It is like they are escaping. 然后,當鈴響時,
所有的員工都開始匆忙地離開了。真是太有趣了——他們先是站著等候顧客離開,然后,突然一下就不見了。像是逃跑了。
You :不過,他們晚上有會議啊。
David : Wait a second. What did the store’s loudspeaker just announce? 剛才廣播里通知什么了?
You :All workers have a meeting in the evening on the third floor. 全體員工今晚在三樓開會。
David : So they all have to go there after work? I think I’ve seen it before in a grocery store. They all line
up and the boss tells them what to do and what they did badly. 這么說,全體員工必須在下班后去三樓嗎?我想我曾在
一家雜貨店門口遇見過這類事情。全體員工排隊站在一起,老板吩咐他們要做的事情,并且提出員工們做得不好的地方。
You :Yes. They talk to the boss and he gives them the orders. 是的。他們向老板匯報工作。老板吩咐他們做事。
David : What did the loudspeaker announce just now? 剛才廣播里又通知什么了?
You :They welcomed all the customers to return to the store. 說“歡迎您再次光臨本店”。