畫面太美我不敢看——此語常被網(wǎng)友引申為對奇葩事物的形容。嘴上說“美”,但用“不敢看”表達了對它的否定,暗含諷刺意味。那么問題來了,“我不敢”用英語怎么說呢?
1. guts: 勇氣,魄力
I don't have the guts to ask her out.
我不敢約她。
2. nerve: 勇氣,膽量
I wanted to ask her out, but I lost my nerve and couldn't go through with it.
我曾想約她出來,但我失去了勇氣,說不出口。
I didn't have the nerve to tell him what I really thought of his suggestion.
我沒有膽量告訴他我對他的建議的真實看法。
3. backbone: 骨氣,勇氣
Will he have the backbone to tell them what he thinks?
他有膽量把自己的想法告訴他們嗎?
4. dare: 敢,不懼
I wouldn't dare have a party in my flat in case the neighbours complained.
我不敢在公寓里開趴踢,怕鄰居投訴。
5. afraid: 害怕的,擔心的
I've always been afraid of flying.
我一直不敢坐飛機。
6. dread: 懼怕,擔心
I dread to think what would happen if he was left to cope on his own.
我不敢想象,如果讓他自己去應付會怎么樣。
7. balls: 勇氣,膽識
You have to admit it - the woman's got balls!
你得承認一點:這個女人很有膽量!
8. pluck: 勇氣
She showed a lot of pluck in standing up to her boss.
她頂撞老板顯示出了很大的勇氣。
9. sand: 勇氣,膽量
She had more sand in her than any girl I ever see.
她比我認識的任何女孩都更有勇氣。