An Embarrassing Experience
一次尷尬的經驗
Kathy and Evan are now outside the store.
凱西和艾凡現在在那家商店外面。
K:I don't think I've ever been so embarrassed in my life!
凱西:我想我這一生中從來沒有這么尷尬過!
E:It wasn't easy for me, either. I told you you've been spending money like water.
艾凡:我也不好受。我告訴過你你花錢簡直就像流水一樣。
K:Thanks for lending me the cash, Evan. I really wanted these two sweaters.
凱西:艾凡,謝謝你借我現金。我真的很想要這兩件毛衣。
E:No problem. But, still, you've got to control your spending.
艾凡:不客氣。但是,你花錢還是得有所節(jié)制。
K:I still want to pick up a few gifts and souvenirs. I need to cash traveler's checks. I'm glad I took some extra money just in case.
凱西:我仍想挑幾件禮物和紀念品。我需要兌現旅行支票。我很高興我多帶一些錢以防萬一。
E:We have just a few more days here in Stockholm, so I guess you might as well buy what you need now. I hate last minute shopping.
艾凡:我們在斯德哥爾摩只剩下幾天了,所以我想你現在干脆把你所需要的東西買齊。我不喜歡最后一刻急急忙忙的采購。
K:Me too. Hey! Isn't that a Citibank up there?
凱西:我也是。嘿!那里不是有一家花旗銀行嗎?
E:Yes, I think it is. Since you're carrying Citibank traveler's checks, it should be easy to cash them there.
艾凡:是的,我想是吧。既然你身上帶著花旗銀行的旅行支票,在那里兌現應該很容易。
K:OK. Let's go. I have my passport with me, in a safe place!
凱西:好的。咱們走吧。我的護照帶在身上,放在一個安全的地方!
E:It looks like you really have learned a lesson, after all!
艾凡:看起來你真的得到了教訓!
單詞短語精講:
1. spending 花錢,花費
例:If your spendinn is more than your income you‘re in big trouble
(如果你花的錢比賺的多的話,你麻煩就大廠!)
2. I'm glad I took some extra money just in case.
我很高興我多帶廠一些錢以防萬一。
just in case以防萬一
例:111thoughit looks like。nice day out,I' d take my umbrella if I were you,dust m case.
(雖然今天看起來是外出的好天氣,但是,如果我是你的話,就會帶把傘以防萬一。)