Linda would like to take tomorrow off.
Linda想明天請假。
Mary, can you change shifts from me.
Mary,你能給我換班嗎?
Could I change shifts with Jerry.
我能和杰瑞換班嗎?
Do you mind if I take a week off.
你介意我請一周假嗎?
A: Good morning, Mr Smith. You look very tired, what's the matter with you?
早上好,史密斯先生。你看起來很累,怎么了?
B: I feel exhausted these days. I want to have a rest for some time. Could I take several days off from next week?
這些天我感到精疲力盡,我想休息一段時間,從下周開始我能請幾天假嗎?
A: Of course. Let me see, you still have ten days of annual leave, right?
當然可以了。你還有十天的年假,對嗎?
B: Yes, you're right. I wonder if I can rest for another one week, I'm going on holiday in Australia with my family.
沒錯,我想知道我能不能再多休一個星期。我打算和家人一起去澳大利亞度假。
A: That's a long time, how's your project going?
那是很長的一段時間,你的項目進展的怎么樣了?
B: The project that I am now in charge of will be completed by next Tuesday. I'd like to start my vacation from next Wednesday.
我現(xiàn)在負責的項目將于下周二完成,我想下周三開始我的假期。
A: That's no problem. You must make sure to tie up loose ends before leaving.
沒問題,在你離開之前必須處理好手頭上的一些瑣事。
tie up表示“阻礙”,“系起來”;loose ends就是指最后剩下的零星工作
B: Thank you very much. There is no immediate project in our company. Mr Green will be in charge of my work during my absence. He participated in several projects as my assistant and he knows how to keep a relationship with the customer.
非常感謝。我們公司還沒有立即開始的項目。格林先生在我休假時負責我的工作,他作為我的助手參與了幾個項目,并且知道如何與客戶保持關系。
A: Wonderful, I hope you will have a good time.
很棒,祝愿你玩得開心。