01 我的父親
One of my earliest memories of Dad is that he would often leave the house at dawn to go jogging.
我對父親最早的一些記憶之一是他以前常在黎明時離家去慢跑.
He was a traditional Chinese father,which means that he didn't show his affection for his kids easily.
他是一個傳統(tǒng)的中國父親,這意味著他不輕易對兒女表露他的情感.
And he and I didn't talk much.
而且我和他并不常交談.
Some time ago, he made me go jogging with him.
前一陣子,他叫我和他去慢跑
I hated it be-cause I didn't know what to say to him.
我討厭和他慢跑,因為我不知道要和他說什么.
Needless to say, I did not enjoy exercising with Dad.
不用說,我不喜歡和爸爸一起運動。
However, as time went by, he and I began to talk while jogging.
然而,隨著時間推移,我和他開始在慢跑時交談。
Later, he even began to tell me jokes!
后來,他甚至開始講笑話給我聽!
It was a side of him that I had never seen before.
這是我以前從未見過的一面。
I'm gald that he made me go jogging with him because our relationship has greatly improved as a result.
我很高興他要我和他去慢跑,因為我們的父子關系因此大為改。
短語解析:
1.at dawn 在黎明時
例:The hikers got up at dawn and started climbing the mountain.
(那些徒步旅行者在黎明時起床開始爬山。)
2.make+人+V 叫某人
例:Bart's teacher made him stay behind after school.
(巴特的老師叫他放學后留校。)
3.Needless to say, S + V不用說......
例:Needless to say,if you often tell lies,no one will trust you.
(不用說,如果你時常說謊,就沒有人會信任你。)