Kentaro: My name is Kentaro. 我叫健太郎?
Todd: Kentaro. And what is your full name? 健太郎。你的全名是?
Kentaro: My full name is Kentaro Sugimori. 我的全名是健太郎杉森。
Todd: Sugimori. 杉森。
Kentaro: Mm-hm. 嗯。
Todd: OK. And where are you from? 你來自哪里?
Kentaro: I'm originally from Hamamatsu city. Which is in Shizuoka Prefecture, Japan. 我來自日本靜岡縣浜松市。
Todd: Oh, really. Shizuoka is a nice place. 真的。靜岡縣是個好地方。
Kentaro: Oh, really!Have you been there? 真的!你去過那里嗎?
Todd: Yeah! I used to live there. 是的!我曾在那里住過。
Kentaro: Oh. Great! 太棒了!
Todd: Tell me about Japan. 跟我說說日本。
Kentaro: Well, Japan is, compared to the states, it's small, homogeneous, however and it's also has it's own culture. 和其他國家相比,日本很小,民族種類單一,但日本有自己的文化。
Todd: OK. Yeah. Yeah. I agree. Japanese culture is very, very unique. 是的。日本文化非常獨特。
Kentaro: Mm-hm. 嗯。
Todd: What is the capital city of Japan? 日本的首都是哪里?
Kentaro: Tokyo. 東京。
Todd: Tokyo. 東京。
Kentaro: I believe so. 我想是的。
Todd: OK! Yeah, and who is the leader of the country? 好的!誰是日本的領導人?
Kentaro: Well, our political leader is Mr. Prime Minister Koizumi Junichiro. 我們的政治領導人是首相小泉純一郎。
Todd: OK. 好的。
Kentaro: But our psychological leader will be our Emperor. 但我們的精神領袖是天皇。
Todd: OK. Nice, and do you like the Prime Minister? 好的,你喜歡日本首相嗎?
Kentaro: Yes, I like him. 是的,我很欣賞他。
Todd: OK. Yeah, me too. Alright. Thanks. 我也是。好的,謝謝。