Nicoleta: Mm-hm. 嗯。
Todd: OK, first of all, what do you do in your kitchen? 首先,你在廚房里都做什么?
Nicoleta: Cooking mostly. 大多都是做飯。
Todd: Yeah, OK. At your home, back in Germany, who cooks at your house? 好的。在你德國的家里,通常都是誰做飯?
Nicoleta: Well, I'm living alone so I do normally. 我自己獨居,所以通常都是我自己做飯。
Todd: OK, do you cook every night or do you usually buy take-out or? 你每晚都自己做飯,還是買外賣?
Nicoleta: No, at the weekends, yeah, mostly at the weekends. 我不是每晚做飯,通常是周末的時候自己做飯吃。
Todd: OK. Actually what's a German dish that people cook like a.. 那么,德國菜通常是真么樣的……
Nicoleta: Typical? 你是說典型德國菜?
Todd: Yeah. 是的。
Nicoleta: Sauerkraut. 德國酸菜
Todd: Really? 真的?
Nicoleta:No, Yeah, everyone asks me about sausages here by the way. But I don't know a typical meal. Maybe really sausages. I mean, originally but yes. 這里所有的人都會問我為什么不是德國香腸。到我不知道有什么經(jīng)典德國菜。也許真的是香腸。但要從起源上看,是德國酸菜。
Todd: OK. What's in your kitchen? 你的廚房里都有什么?
Nicoleta: Dishes and food, fridge. No microwave. 有盤子,食物,冰箱。但沒有微波爐。
Todd: No microwave? 沒有微波爐?
Nicoleta: No microwave. 沒有。
Todd: That's good. You're healthy. What's something you can cook very well? 這樣很好,沒有微波爐可以吃得很健康。有什么菜是你拿手的嗎?
Nicoleta: That I can cook very well? Soups. 我的拿手菜?湯。
Todd: OK. Like what kind of soup? 哪種湯?
Nicoleta: Zucchini, cucumber. 南瓜,黃瓜湯。
Todd: How do you make it? 你是怎么做的呢?
Nicoleta: It's very easy, just I don't know the English word, so don't ask! 很簡單,這是我不知道用英語怎么說,千萬別問我!