托德:嗨,洛伊絲,來個李子吃吧!
Lois: Oh, thank you very much. Lovely!
洛伊絲:哦,非常謝謝你。好吃!
Todd: You like plums?
托德:你喜歡吃李子?
Lois: I love all fruits, but plums especially.
洛伊絲:所有的水果我都愛吃,不過特別喜歡李子。
Todd: Oh, there goes the water.
托德:哦,它們富含水分。
Lois: It's very juicy.
洛伊絲:有很多果汁。
Todd: It is juicy. How does it taste?
托德:有很多果汁。味道怎么樣?
Lois: Mm, it tastes sweet, very refreshing.
洛伊絲:嗯,是甜的,非常清新的味道。
Todd: Mm, I love plums.
托德:嗯,我喜歡李子。
Lois: Yeah, me too.
洛伊絲:我也喜歡。
Todd: Guess how much this box cost?
托德:你猜這盒李子要多少錢?
Lois: I'm thinking it's probably quite expensive, so in yen, maybe 1,000 yen.
洛伊絲:我想可能會非常貴,大概1000日元吧。
Todd: Ah, yeah, pretty close. It cost 900 yen for 8 plums.
托德:對,差不多。這8個李子就要900日元。
Lois: Very expensive in Japan.
洛伊絲:日本的價格真的很貴。
Todd: I know it's crazy. In America you can get this for like maybe 200 yen. Not even that, maybe 100 yen.
托德:我知道,這很讓人抓狂。在美國的話,這些大概200日元就能買到。可能都不用,100日元就能買到。
Lois: In England it's cheap but probably not as cheap as in America. I think maybe because we have to import everything. It's slightly more expensive.
洛伊絲:在英國李子很便宜,不過不像美國那么便宜。我想,可能是因為我們所有的東西都要靠進口。所以會有些貴。
Todd: Actually, that's a good question. What fruits do you grow in England?
托德:實際上,這是個很好的問題。英國種植什么水果?
Lois: Apples and Apples and maybe pears and...
洛伊絲:蘋果,可能還有梨……
Todd: No coconuts?
托德:沒有椰子嗎?
Lois: No coconuts. No bananas. and maybe we grow plums. I don't know.
洛伊絲:沒有椰子。沒有香蕉??赡芪覀兎N李子,我不清楚。
Todd: It looks like a very English fruit.
托德:那看上去像英國的代表水果。
Lois: But definitely apples.
洛伊絲:那絕對是蘋果。
Todd: Or strawberries?
托德:或者草莓?
Lois: Strawberries, oh yeah. Lots of strawberries and tomatoes but maybe they're a vegetable some people say fruit. Some people say vegetable. But lots of tomatoes. And I'm sure lots of other things but, I just know about apples.
洛伊絲:草莓,對,沒錯。英國種植很多草莓和土豆,不過可能它們屬于蔬菜,有些人說它們是水果,有些人說是蔬菜。不過英國種植大量的土豆。我確定還種植大量的其他作物,不過我只知道蘋果。
Todd: What's your favorite fruit?
托德:你最喜歡的水果是什么?
Lois: My favorite fruit! I really like pineapples, and I also like strawberries. Strawberries and cream. It's one of my favorite desserts.
洛伊絲:我最喜歡的水果!我非常喜歡菠蘿,我還喜歡草莓。草莓奶油是我最喜歡的甜點之一。
Todd: Yeah, so have you ever been to Wimbleton and had strawberries and cream?
托德:嗯,你去溫布登吃過草莓奶油嗎?
Lois: I haven't. I'd love to go. But strawberries and cream at Wimbleton are so expensive. I don't know how much but really, really expensive.
洛伊絲:沒有。我很想去。不過溫布登的草莓奶油非常貴。我不清楚具體的價格,不過真的很貴。