托德:茜,你今天做什么了?
Akane: Ah, today I cleaned my apartment.
茜:我今天打掃了公寓。
Todd: Sounds fun!
托德:聽起來很有樂趣!
Akane: It was actually. I really like cleaning cause I only get one day a week to do it, and my apartment gets clean.
茜:是很有趣。我很喜歡打掃,我每周只有一天能做打掃工作,打掃后我的公寓變得很干凈。
Todd: So when you clean your apartment how long does it take you to clean everything?
托德:那你一般打掃一遍公寓要用多長時間呢?
Akane: Well, let's see, I started around 7:30 in the morning and then I probably finished around 10:30.
茜:嗯,我想想,我是早上7點半開始打掃的,大概是10點半完成的。
Todd: 3 hours!
托德:3個小時!
Akane: Yeah!
茜:對!
Todd: That's a long time.
托德:時間好長。
Akane: Well, I do a lot of cleaning.
茜:我做了很多清潔工作。
Todd: Man!
托德:天哪!
Akane: And that includes laundry, actually.
茜:實際上還包括洗衣服。
Todd: So for your laundry, do you use the laundromat down the street?
托德:你洗衣服會用街上的自助洗衣店嗎?
Akane: No, I use my own laundry machine, and I hang it up to dry.
茜:不會,我用自己的洗衣機洗,我會把衣服掛起來晾干。
Todd: Wow! But when you do that you can't get that nice soft feel from the clothes.
托德:哇!可是那樣衣服沒有柔軟感。
Akane: Well, no but I save money!
茜:嗯,可是這樣省錢!
Todd: That's true! I feel bad about using the laundromat cause I guess it wastes energy, but I just love how the dryers make your clothes really soft and warm and there's no wrinkles and it's done.
托德:那倒是。我不喜歡用自助洗衣店,因為我認為那很浪費能源,可是我喜歡烘干機使衣服變得又軟又溫暖,而且洗完以后也沒有褶皺。
Akane: I agree. Mm, for sure. I wish I had a dryer.
茜:我同意。的確是這樣。我希望我也有個烘干機。
Todd: So do you iron your clothes for work?
托德:那你會熨上班穿的衣服嗎?
Akane: I do, yeah, I always iron my clothes. I do my washing on Saturdays and I do my ironing on Sundays.
茜:我會,我一直都有熨衣服。我在周六洗衣服,周日熨衣服。
Todd: Oh, man, you're regimented.
托德:哦,天哪,你真有組織性。
Akane: Yeah, I am.
茜:是啊,我是。
Todd: You got it down. You know I never iron my shirts.
托德:跟你比我差遠了,你知道我從來不熨我的襯衫。
Akane: You never iron!
茜:你從來不熨衣服!
Todd: No, I just take them out of the dryer, and that's close enough, and then usually when I put them on, they kind of stretch.
托德:對,我只是把衣服從烘干機里拿出來,基本就是這樣,我穿上的時候它們會伸展一些。
Akane: Well, I guess so and if you're wearing a jacket over it, then you can't really see.
茜:我想也是,如果你外面再穿一件夾克,那完全看不出來。
Todd: Yeah, plus I'm a teacher and teachers don't have to look sharp.
托德:對,而且我是一名老師,老師是不用看上去很帥氣。
Akane: I guess so. Yeah!
茜:我想也是。
Todd: Hey, so, what are your plans for tomorrow?
托德:那你明天有什么計劃?
Akane: Tomorrow? Well, my ironing of course, and I'm a teacher and I have markings so, I'll do some markings, cause I have to mark some essays.
茜:明天?當然我要熨衣服,我是老師,所以我有卷子要批改,所以明天我會批改試卷還有作文。
Todd: Oh, that sounds awful!
托德:哦,聽起來真糟糕!
Akane: Yeah, but it has to be done.
茜:是啊,可是我必須完成這些工作。
Todd: Yeah, but on the weekend! I try not to bring work home. I just don't like to do it. On the weekend, I feel you should energize yourself and just rest and relax.
托德:可是明天是周末啊!我努力不把工作帶回家里,我就是不喜歡這樣。我覺得周末你應該讓自己充滿能量,盡量休息、放松。
Akane: I agree, but this week I couldn't help it cause we were so busy.
茜:我同意,可是這周我辦不到了,因為我太忙了。
Todd: So, why were you busy this week?
托德:那你周都忙什么了?
Akane: Well, we had so much work to do, and I gave them out an essay, and I got those essays back, so I have to mark those.
茜:我有很多工作要做,我讓學生們寫了篇作文,他們把作文交上來后我要進行批改。
Todd: Hey, have you been giving your students tests?
托德:你有給學生們安排過考試嗎?
Akane: Uh, just little quizzes once in a while.
茜:只是偶爾安排一些小測驗。
Todd: Yeah, I have to give my students a test but I don't know what to test them on.
托德:嗯,我必須要給學生們安排考試,可是我不知道如何測試。
Akane: Yeah, that is always a hard part.
茜:嗯,那一直是個難點。
Todd: Do you give easy tests or hard tests?
托德:你是進行簡單的考試還是難的考試?
Akane: Well, the quizzes are quite easy, but I think they find it to be quite hard.
茜:小測驗很簡單,可是我想他們認為那很難。
Todd: Yeah, students always say, "It's difficult!"
托德:是啊,學生們總是說“太難了!”
Akane: Yeah!
茜:沒錯!
Todd: "It's difficult!" Well, enjoy your marking tomorrow!
托德:“太難了!”希望你明天批改試卷時過得愉快!
Akane: Thanks.
茜:謝謝你。