Most companies don't give you a physical paycheck - a piece of paper. 大多數公司不會付給你一張支票——一張紙。
Instead, they put the money electronically into your bank account. 相反,他們把錢用電子方式存入你的銀行賬戶。
They make what we would call an electronic funds transfer. 他們稱之為電子資金轉帳。
Electronic funds, "funds," transfer. 電子資金、資金、轉賬。
Funds is just another word for money, and to transfer means to move something from one place to another. 資金只是錢的另一個詞,轉移是指把某物從一個地方移到另一個地方。
Lucy is waiting her turn in line. 露西在排隊等候。
Her turn, "turn," as we mentioned before, is her opportunity when she can talk to someone. 輪到她時,“機會”,正如我們前面提到的,她有機會與人交談。
Someone may say to you, " 有人可能會對你說:“
Wait your turn," they mean they are talking to someone else and they will talk to you after they finish talking to the other people. 等著輪到你,“他們的意思是他們正在和其他人談話,他們會在和其他人談話后和你談話。
When Lucy gets "to the front of the line" - to the beginning of the line - she hands "the teller" her "envelope." 當露西“排到隊伍的最前面”時,她會把“信封”遞給她的“出納員”。
To hand, "hand," means to give something to someone with your hand. 遞給,指的是用手把某物給某人。
The teller, "teller," is the name of the person who works at the bank who takes your money and gives you money from your bank account. 出納員,“出納員”,是在銀行工作的人,他收你的錢,從你的銀行賬戶中給你錢。
We call that person the teller. 我們管那個人叫出納員。