When I am dead, My dearest,
當我死了的時候,親愛的
Sing no sad songs for me;
別為我唱悲傷的歌
Plant thou no roses at my head,
我墳上不必安插薔薇
Nor shady cypress tree:
也無需濃蔭的柏樹
Be the green grass above me
讓蓋著我的輕輕的草
With showers and dewdrops wet;
霖著雨,也沾著露珠
And if thou wilt, forget.
要是你甘心,忘了我
I shall not see the shadows,
我再不見地面的青蔭
I shall not feel the rain;
覺不到雨露的甜蜜
I shall not hear the nightingale
再聽不到夜鶯的歌喉
Sing on, as if in pain;
在黑夜里傾吐悲啼
And dreaming through the twilight.
在悠久的昏暮中迷惘
That doth not rise nor set,
陽光不升起也不消翳
Haply I may remember,
我也許,也許我記得你
And haply may forget.
我也許,我也許忘記