今天早晨我心情非常舒暢,以后我會更順從你的,
for they tell me you are a very worthy, good sort of old gentleman.
因為他們告訴我說你是一位非常值得尊敬的老派紳士。
Now who had the familiar impudence to tell you that? Old rusty, there. Why Humphrey, you didn't?
誰這么放肆竟然告訴你這些?都是一些陳年舊事。為什么,亨弗萊,不會是你吧?
Hum. Yes, but I did though. Yes, he did, and on that score I shall be anxious to show you obedience,
不是,盡管我只說了兩句。是的,他說了,就因為這個我才急于向你表示順從,
for it is as meritorious to attempt sharing a good man's heart,
就像企圖分享一個好人的善念乃值得稱贊之舉一樣,
as it is paltry to have designs upon a rich man's money.
對一位富人的錢財動心思是可鄙的行為。
A noble nature aims its attentions full breast high, uncle; a mean mind levels its dirty assiduities at the pocket.
叔叔,高貴的秉性在于敞開心扉,卑微的心靈之所以大獻殷勤,意在別人的口袋。
(Shaking him by the hand.) Jump out of every window I have in my house, hunt my deer into high fevers, my fine fellow!
(搖著的手)我家的窗戶你隨便挑,我花園里的鹿你隨便追!
Ay, that's right. This is spunk, and plain speaking.
當然,你說的對。這是勇敢質(zhì)樸的表白。
Give me a man who is always flinging his dissent to my doctrines smack in my teeth.
來找我的人總是將他的異議與我的信條相抵觸。
I disagree with you there, uncle. Hum. And so do I. You! you forward puppy!
我不贊同你的說法,叔叔。我也是。你!你這個淺薄的家伙!
If you were not so old, I'd knock you down.
要不是你年紀很大了的話,我會把你臭扁一頓的。
I'll knock you down, if you do. I won't have my servants thumped into dumb flattery.
如果你敢放肆,說不定誰扁誰呢。我可沒有這么愚蠢地奉承的仆人。