一天深夜,一個男人稍有醉意回到家中。他的妻子問他去哪了(她有些懷疑他的話)。
Wife: "Where were you?"
妻子:“你去哪了?”
Man: "I was at this new bar called the Golden Bar. Everything is golden.”
丈夫:“我去了一個叫金色酒吧的新開張的酒吧。里面的一切都是金的。”
Wife: "Sure you were. There' s no such place”
妻子:“你真去了嗎? 根本沒有這種地方!”
Man: "There is! They have huge golden doors, a golden floors, and even golden urinals !”
丈夫:“有!那里有一扇大金門,金地板和金的便池!”
Wife: "Oh, I BELEIVE you 100%.”
妻子:‘好,就算我惻言你!”
So, the next day the wife looks through the phone book for this golden bar. She’s surprised when she finds a Golden Bar located across town. She decides to call up and check this out for herself…
第二天,他的妻子在電話號碼簿里查金色酒吧的電話。使她吃驚的是金色酒吧就在他們住的小鎮(zhèn)的另一頭。她決定打電話過去證實一下她丈夫的話。
Wife: "Is this the Golden Bar?"
妻子:“這里是金色酒吧嗎?”
Bartender: "Yes it is.”
酒吧服務員:“是的,金色酒吧。”
Wife: "Do you have huge golden doors? "
妻子:“你們那里是不是有一扇金色大門?”
Bartender: "Yes we do…”
酒吧服務員:“是的,我們有......”
Wife: "Do you have golden floors?"
妻子:“你們的地板也是金色的?”
Bartender; "We have them, too…”
酒吧服務員:“是的,這也對……”
Wife: "What about golden urinals?"
妻子:“那有沒有金色便池?”
Bartender( speaking away from phone):"Hey Max,I think we have a lead on the guy that fouled your alto-sax.”
酒吧服務員在電話那頭問:“嘿,馬克斯,我認為那天有人往你的高音薩克斯里小便的事有線索了。”