https://online1.tingclass.net/lesson/shi0529/0000/529/61.mp3
https://image.tingclass.net/statics/js/2012
SCENE② D 在唐的酒吧 晚上十一點
【你得撩撥她一下】
Don: I thought I 1) coached you on the secrets of 2) flirting!
唐: 我不是教過你求愛秘訣嗎?
Herbert: You 3) overheard my conversation with Rose?
赫伯特: 你聽到我跟柔絲的對話啦?
Don: It was truly 4) pathetic!
唐: 真夠悲慘的!
Herbert: She's not interested in me.
赫伯特: 她根本對我沒興趣。
Don: You have to flirt.
唐: 你得撩撥她一下。
Herbert: She doesn't find me attractive.
赫伯特: 她根本不覺得我有吸引力。
Don: 5) My gosh! She's just 6) playing hard-to-get!
唐: 哎??!她只是想玩捉迷藏而已!
語言詳解
A: Wow, coach! Who is this new pitcher?
哇,教練!這個新投手是誰?
B: He's an up-and-coming kid from down south.
他是從南部來的后起之秀.
【She's just playing hard-to-get! 她只是在跟你玩捉迷藏!】
這個句子一般用在形容女性對男性若即若離的感情,現(xiàn)在有時候也可以用來說男生。當你的朋友為了戀愛對象的刁難而傷神,你就可以用playing hard-to-get!來形容對方吊胃口的做法。
A: She never calls me back.
她都不給我回電話。
B: Don't worry. She's just playing hard-to-get.
別擔心。她只是在跟你玩捉迷藏。
1) coach (v.) 指導
2) flirt (v.) 調情
3) overhear (v.) 無意間聽到,overheard 是過去式。
4) pathetic (a.) 可悲的
5) My gosh! 哎?。≡懔?!我的天啊!gosh 是God 的委婉說法。
6) playing hard-to-get 玩捉迷藏