How horrid of them to be always scolding you for nothing? 他們真是可怕,常常無謂地責備你!
You have stained your fingers and face with ink while writing--is that why they call you dirty? 你寫字時墨水玷污了你的手和臉——這就是他們所以罵你齷齪的緣故么?
O, fie! Would they dare to call the full moon dirty because it has smudged its face with ink? 呵,呸!他們也敢因為圓圓的月兒用墨水涂了臉,便罵它齷齪么?
For every little trifle they blame you, my child. They are ready to find fault for nothing. 他們總要為了每一件小事去責備你,我的孩子。他們總是無謂地尋人錯處。
You tore your clothes while playing--is that why they call you untidy? 你游戲時扯破了你的衣服——這就是他們說你不整潔的緣故么?
O, fie! What would they call an autumn morning that smiles through its ragged clouds? 呵,呸!秋之晨從它的破碎的云衣中露出微笑。那末,他們要叫它什么呢?
Take no heed of what they say to you, my child. 他們對你說什么話,盡管可以不去理睬他,我的孩子。
Take no heed of what they say to you, my child. 他們把你做錯的事長長地記了一筆帳。
They make a long list of your misdeeds. Everybody knows how you love sweet things--is that why they call you greedy? 誰都知道你是十分喜歡糖果的——這就是他們所以稱你做貪婪的緣故么?
O, fie! What then would they call us who love you? 呵,呸!我們是喜歡你的,那末,他們要叫我們什么呢?