It happened that a turtledove was also resting there.
一只斑鴻恰巧也在那里休息。
Hearing the panting of the owl, it asked: "Where are you going in such a hurry?"
聽見貓頭鷹呼味呼味地喘氣,就對貓頭鷹說: “你這樣急急忙忙地趕路,去哪兒呀?”
The owl said: "I am moving to the east."
貓頭鷹說: “我想到東方去住。”
The turtledove asked closely: “Why?”
斑雞追問: “為什么?”
The owl said: "The people in the west all say my cry is unpleasant and dislike me I cannot stay there any longer.
貓頭鷹說:“西邊的人,都說我叫的聲音很難聽,都討厭我。在那兒我住不下去了。
I must move to a new place."
非換個地方不可!”
The turtledove said: "Can you solve your problem by changing a place?
斑鴻說: “難道換個地方就可以解決問題嗎?
In my opinion, no matter where you move to, it won't help."
我看,不管你搬到哪里去,都沒有用!”
The owl felt rather angry at the words of the turtledove, but it still asked in surprise: "Can you forecast the future?"
貓頭鷹覺得斑塢的話太氣人,便驚奇地問: “你能未卜先知?”
The turtledove said: "This is very simple.
斑雞說:“這很簡單。
If you don't change your cry, the people in the east will dislike you all the same."
如果你不改變你的叫聲,那么東邊的人也一樣會討厭你的!”