今天的這段對話,在討論聚會,
聚會邀請了多少人?如何設置聚會氛圍
來聽今天的講解:
A: hi, come on! May I take your coat?
請進,要把衣服脫了嗎?
B: thank you! I brought a bottle of wine. I hope you like it.
謝謝你,我?guī)Я艘黄科咸丫?希望你能喜歡.
A: oh, that's so nice of you.
哦,真客氣.
B: what a lovely home! I really like the artwork.
你家真漂亮,我特別喜歡這件藝術(shù)品.
A: that was a gift from a friend. He'll actually be here tonight. I am sure he'll be very happy to know his work is appreciated.
那是一個朋友送的禮物,他今晚也會過來,我相信他要是知道有人喜歡他的作品一定會很高興的.
B: I'd like to meet him. How many people have you invited tonight?
我真想認識認識他.今晚你邀請了多少人呢?
A: ten, but Bob and Mary can't make it. Bob has to work overtime tonight and Mary had something urgent come up at the last minute. So there will be eight people all together.
十個,不過鮑勃和瑪麗不能來了,鮑勃今晚要加班,瑪麗最后一刻告訴我說她有急事,所以今晚一共就8個人來.
B: I see. What a pity that they are not coming! They are always such good company.
我知道了,他們不來太可惜了,有他們在總是很好玩.
A: yeah, but it should still be a night to remember.
是啊,不過今晚我們也會很開心的.
B: it surely will. You always have the best get-togethers. Where do you get such great music? You definitely know how to set the ambiance.
它肯定會的。你們總是有最好的聚會。你哪里有這么棒的音樂?你肯定知道如何設置氛圍。
A: oh that was Peter. He is right over there. You can ask him about it. He has great taste in music.
哦,那是彼得。他就在那邊。你可以問他。他對音樂很有品味。
B: okay. I think there is somebody at the door.
好的,我覺得好像有人在敲門.
A: oh,excuse. Make yourself at home!
哦,那我去看看,你自便.