https://online2.tingclass.net/lesson/shi0529/0007/7579/沿著第五大街能看到什么重要建筑過了洛克.mp3
https://image.tingclass.net/statics/js/2012
今天的這段對話,在討論紐約的建筑,
沿著第五大街能看到什么重要建筑?過了洛克菲勒中心還有什么
來聽今天的講解:
A:isn't it wonderful walking here?
在這散散步還真不錯!
B:what do you mean?
怎么了?
A:I mean look at all these magnificent tall buildings around us.
可以看看這些高樓大廈.
B:yes, look over there. That's the Empire State Building. My book says it's 102 stories tall.
這倒是,看那兒,帝國大廈!這本書上說它有102層高。
A:it's quite famous but don't you think it looks a bit old-fashioned?
是挺有名的,但是你不覺的它看上去有點老式嗎?
B:you're right, but when it was built in 1930 it was a marvel of technology and engineering.
是啊,但它建于1930年,因此無論是從技術還是設計來說,他都可以算是建筑史上的杰作。
A:what other important buildings are we going to see on Fifth Avenue?
嗯,沿著第五大街還能看到什么重要建筑嗎?
B:quite a number. Actually every skyscraper has a history. A few blocks ahead we'll see St.Patrick's Cathrdral and just across the street will be the world-renowed Rockefeller Center. It's a landmark in the history of architecture.
有很多。其實每一幢大廈都有一段歷史。再過幾條街,我們會看見圣帕特里克大教堂,而馬路對面就是聞名世界的洛克菲勒中心,它可是建筑史上的一個里程碑。
A:what's there after that?
過了洛克菲勒中心還有什么?
B:well then, there's a Central Park. Facing the park on Fifth Avenue is probably some of the most expensive properties in the world.
那就到中央公園了,第五大街對著公園的那些樓可能是世界上最貴的。
A:what are all they for?
他們都是干什么用的?
B:most of them are office buildings, huge department stores, and hotels but some are just private homes. New York is one of the financial centers of the worls so there are lots of very expensive places.
大部分是辦公樓,大型商場和酒店,也有一些私人住宅。紐約是世界金融中心之一,所以這里有許多奢華的場所。