Lesson 67 It's a mystery!
第67課 這是個謎
Sue:What's that thing,Sandy?
蘇:桑迪,那是什么?
Sandy:Which thing?
桑迪:哪個?
Sue:That thing in the garden.
蘇:花園里的那個東西.
Sandy:I haven't the faintest idea. Let's ask mother.
我一點兒也不知道. 咱們問問母親
Sue:What's that thing, mum?
母親,那是什么.?
I don't know. Your father brought it home yesterday and put it in the garden.
我不知道,你父親昨天把它帶回家放在花園的.
Sandy:Let's go and have a look at it.
桑迪:我們?nèi)タ纯?
Mother:I wonder whether it's a garden seat.
我不知道它是不是一個花園里的椅子.
Sue:It can't be.It doesn't look like one.
蘇:那不可能.它看上去不像.
Sandy:I'd like to know if we can use it.
桑迪:我想知道我們能不能用.
Perhaps it's some kind of garden tool.
也許這是一種園林工具.
Mother:I don't think it is.It doesn't resemble one.
母親:我看不是.它不像園林工具.
Perhaps it's some kind of clothes-line.I wonder whether it is.
蘇:也許是晾衣服繩.我吃不準.
Sandy:I doubt it. Mother:It's a mystery,if you ask me!
我看不是. 如果你們問我,這是個謎.
Father:It isn't a mystery at all.
父親:這根本不是謎.
It's not supposed to serve a purpose.
它不能派用處.
It's a work of art!Don't you like it?
它是件藝術(shù)品.你們不喜歡嗎?