LESSON 7 GOING TO A DEPARTMENT STORE
Rumei: Dashan, I'm over here. It's great to see you. How do you feel?
如梅:大山,我在這邊。見到你我真高興。你感覺怎么樣?
Dashan: I feel fine now. The doctor was right. I really needed to get some rest.
大山:我感覺很好。大夫說得對,我確實需要休息休息。
Yunbo: Hi, Dashan. How are you?
云波:大山,你好。你身體怎么樣?
Dashan: Pretty good, thanks.
大山:相當不錯,謝謝。
Yunbo: Dashan, have some coffee. My treat.
云波:大山,來喝杯咖啡,我請客。
Dashan: Oh, thanks.
大山:哦,謝謝你。
Yunbo: And here are your cookies, Rumei.
云波:如梅,這是你的曲奇餅。
Rumei: Thanks. Would you like a chocolate cookie?
如梅:大山,你想吃點巧克力餅干嗎?
Dashan: No, thanks. I'm not hungry.
大山:不要,謝謝。我不餓。
Yunbo: Dashan, do you have any plans for today?
云波:大山,你今天有什么安排嗎?
Dashan: No, I don't have any.
大山:沒有。
Rumei: Well, it's a beautiful day. Would you like to join us for a walk?
如梅:那你看,今天天氣非常好,你愿意跟我們一起出去走走嗎?
Dashan: Yes, I'd like to. I like to walk around in big cities. You can always learn a lot about them.
大山:我愿意,我很喜歡在大城市里轉轉。這樣總是能加深對這些城市的了解。
Yunbo: I agree.
云波:我同意你的看法。
Yunbo: Rumei, what do you think of these window displays?
云波:如梅,你覺得櫥窗的展品擺設怎么樣?
Rumei: They're wonderful. Oh, look at this clothing store for children. The clothes are very cute and colourful.
如梅:好極了。 嘿,看這家兒童服裝店的擺設。那些衣服樣子多漂亮,顏色多鮮艷。
Yunbo: This store looks interesting.
云波:這家商店看起來很有意思。
Dashan: Oh, this store is Roots. It's a popular Canadian chain of clothing stores. Roots has stores across Canada and in other parts of the world.
大山:是啊,商場名字是“根”,是在加拿大很有名的服裝連鎖店,在加拿大全國以至世界各地都有它的分店。
Rumei: Let's go in. I like to browse in interesting stores.
如梅:我們進去看看吧。我喜歡在有意思的商場里瀏覽、逛游。
Yunbo &Dashan: Okay.
云波&大山:好啊。
Clerk: Hi. May I help you?
售貨員:您好。 我能為您效勞嗎?
Yunbo: Yes. Can I buy shoes here?
云波:在這里能買到鞋嗎?
Clerk: Certainly. We have great leather shoes.
售貨員:當然可以,我們店出售質量上乘的皮鞋。
Yunbo: Where's the shoe section?
云波:鞋部在什么地方?
Clerk: It's on the lower level. You can take the stairs at the back of the store.
售貨員:在下一層。你們可以走商場后部的樓梯。
Yunbo: Thanks.
云波:謝謝。
Yunbo: What do you think of my hiking boots?
云波:你覺得我的休閑鞋怎么樣?
Dashan: I like them. That style is very popular in Canada. Young Canadians like sporty, comfortable clothes.
大山:我覺得挺好。這個式樣在加拿大很流行。加拿大的年輕人都愛穿休閑、舒適的衣服。
Rumei: I'm crazy about my new sweatsuit. It's very soft and cosy. And I LOVE your new jacket, Dashan.
如梅:我特別喜歡我剛買的這件運動服,又柔軟又舒適。大山,我還特別喜歡你這件剛買的夾克。
Dashan: Thanks for the compliment. I like the jacket, too.
大山:謝謝你的夸獎,我也喜歡。