M:最近怎么樣?
F:I'm in a good mood today,actually.How about you?
F:事實上,我今天心情很好,你呢?
M:To be honest,I'm a bit fed up.
M:說實話,我有點兒煩。
F:What's wrong?
F:怎么了?
M:There's a girl in my company that I really like but I always get shy when she is around.
M:我很喜歡我們公司的一個女孩,但是我一看見她就感覺不好意思。
F:I see!Do you want to ask her out?
F:這樣啊,你想約她出來嗎?
M:Sure,but how?
M:當然啦,但是怎么約啊?
F:You can ask her out for drinks after work.
F:你可以約她下班后一起喝東西。
M:But for what reasons? She doesn't even know who I am.
M:但是找什么理由啊?她都不知道我是誰。
F:Then you've got a lot of work to do.You need to get her to notice you first.
F:那你要做的事情可就多了,你要先引起她的注意。
M:Easier said than done.
M:說起來容易。
F:You can start by meeting her at the bus stop and saying“hello" to her.
F:你可以先在公交車站等她,然后趁機和她搭汕。
M:But I always get tongue-tied when I see her.
M:但是我一見到她,就不知道說什么。
F:That's something you need to overcome. Men should make the first move as most girls prefer being chased.
F:那你一定要克服這個心理。男士要主動,女孩子喜歡被追啊。
M:I see. I'll try.
M:知道了。我試試吧。
F:Good luck!
F:祝你好運。
重點詞匯
fed up感到厭煩的
He had become fed up with city life.他已厭倦了城市生活。
after work下班
They usually meander down to the pub after work.他們通常下班后漫步到那家小酒店去。
tongue-tied(因膽怯等)說不出話的
In their presence I became self-conscious and tongue-tied.當著他們的面,我變得難為情,說不出話。
overcome克服
Molly had fought and overcome her fear of flying.莫莉經(jīng)過努力克服了對飛行的恐懼。
chase追逐;追求;追蹤
He was reluctant to give up the chase.他不愿意放棄追逐。