M:你聽說喬的事了嗎?她已經(jīng)幾天沒有吃東西了。
F:Why? What's eating her?
F:為什么?有什么事困擾她嗎?
M:Love sick. You know who she's in love with?
M:害相思病。你知道她喜歡上誰了嗎?
F:I don't have the slightest idea.
F:我完全沒頭緒。
M:Someone you're living with.
M:和你住在一起的人。
F:What? Not my Dad,I hope!?
F:什么?我希望不會是我爸爸吧!?
M:Come on,Mary,it's your brother,Jack.
M:拜托,瑪莉,是你哥杰克。
F:No kidding!Jack is such a log! He's never dated a girl.
F:別開玩笑了,杰克是個呆子。他從來沒有和女孩子約過會。
M:The problem with Jo is that she's too shy to tell him.
M:問題是,喬她太害羞了,不敢告訴杰克。
F:And the problem with Jack is that he seems to have no interest in girls. He's putting his heart into his stamp colleetron.
F:而杰克的問題是,他對女孩子好像沒有興趣,他迷上集郵了。
M:Well,if you want to help your friend,you should do something about it.
M:不過,如果你想幫幫朋友,就做做你哥哥的工作吧!
重點詞匯
lovesick相思病
...a lovesick boy consumed with self-pity....一個顧影自憐的單相思男孩。
be in love with愛上某人
Be in love with your life.熱愛你的生活。
put one's heart into一心撲在……上
One needs to put one's heart and mind into one's work.吾人必須將心思投注在工作上。