唐:如果我是你,雅艾爾,如果我是一個女人的話,是,我會重新考慮剛剛點的第4杯。
You don't want a hangover tomorrow.
你不想明天宿醉未醒醉醺醺的吧。
YAEL:I take offense to that, Don.
雅艾爾:哦,唐,我可要生氣了。
Are you implying that because I'm a woman I can'thandle my alcohol as well as any man can?
你是想說因為我是女人就不能像男人一樣開懷暢飲嗎?
That may be true for itty bitty petite women, but I'm six feet tall, taller than most men,including you, Don.
這或許是那些嬌小女性的金玉良言,但我可是6英尺高,個子比包括你,唐在內的大多數人要高的多。
And I might even weigh more than you too.
而且我甚至可能體重都超過你。I imagine that you're the one whoneeds to watch out for a hangover.
我覺得是你需要小心宿醉。
DON:Well, Yael, the average weight difference between women and men is one reason whywomen tend to get intoxicated faster, but there's more.
唐:嗯,雅艾爾,男性和女性之間的平均體重差異只是為什么女人往往更快喝醉的其中一個原因,但還有更多。
Women also tend to have more fat and less muscle than men, even tall women.
相比男性,女性往往脂肪多肌肉少,甚至高個子的女性也是這樣。
This is significant because muscle tissue contains more water than fat does, and alcoholdissolves in water and thus is diluted.
這是很重要的,因為相比脂肪,肌肉組織含有更多的水,而酒精易溶于水,溶于稀釋。
With about ten percent more water in their bodies than women, men can drink more alcoholthan women before becoming intoxicated.
男性體內比女性多10%以上的水份,這樣喝醉之前男性可以比女性喝更多酒。
In fact, studies show that women suffer worse hangovers than men too.
事實上,研究表明,女性比男性遭受更糟的宿醉。
Men tend to experience more sweating and vomiting as a result of drinking,
由于飲酒男性更易出汗和嘔吐,
but overall, women suffer more, including dehydration, exhaustion, headaches, and nausea.
但總的來說,女性遭受更多,包括脫水、疲勞、頭痛及惡心。
With every drink, women are reaching higher degrees of intoxication than their malecounterparts and thus it makes sense that they're reaching higher degrees of hangover too.
每次喝酒,女性比她們的男性同行們會達到更為嚴重的酒醉,因此她們遭受更嚴重的宿醉是有道理的。
More research is needed though to determine for certain why women's hangovers are worse.
盡管還需要更多的研究來確定某些女性為什么會有更糟的宿醉。
YAEL:Hmm. Maybe I'll order a pitcher of water with this last drink.
雅艾爾:嗯。也許我這最后一杯可以點一大壺水。
DON:Good idea.
唐:好主意。